Wednesday 23 May 2012

Guest Blogging For Rokit Vintage At The 55 Pages Launch - An Interview With Pandemonia

Pin It

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to the 55 Pages Issue 2 launch event at Rokit Vintage’s Covent Garden store and to interview the VIP guest, Pandemonia, as their guest blogger. An evening with the guys from 55 Factory and Rokit ensued, flavoured with Rekorderlig cider. As for the interview, Pandemonia was a little fashionably late in true celebrity style, and I was given some one-on-one time with the style icon.

ME:   What is it like being a pop art girl in a man’s world?
PAN: Well, you get lavished with attention by both sexes.

ME:   And do you enjoy this attention?
PAN: Yes, I thrive on it!

ME:   How would you describe your personal style?
PAN: Larger than life.

ME:   How important are looks in today’s society, and is this a bad thing or a good thing?
PAN: I think today’s society is very concerned with looks. I have just been away and I have found that people in the UK are much more obsessed with looks than other countries. As for whether it is a bad thing or not, that is too big an issue for me to get into now!

ME:   You parody today’s celebrity culture, but how much do you approve of the cult of the celebrity?
PAN: I neither approve or disapprove of celebrities, but they are a large part of our lives.

ME:   We all know you attend a lot of fashion weeks, but who are your favourite designers and why?
PAN: I don’t really follow mainstream designers and fashion in general, only things that capture my attention and appeal to me. However I do enjoy watching the shows at fashion week.

ME:   Who designs your costumes?
PAN: I would say they are not costumes, they are art pieces. But they are designed by me.

ME:   Any plans for designer collaborations?
PAN: I have no plans as of yet, but that is always a possibility!

ME:   We’re here at Rokit Vintage, what are your favourite vintage styles or looks?
PAN: I really like the general Americana look, and anything inspired by Westerns. I am drawn to things that are bright and have large logos!

ME:   We’re also here to celebrate the launch of 55 pages, which fashion magazines do you follow?
PAN: Other than 55 Pages, I don’t tend to follow mainstream fashion publications.

ME:   What’s next for Pandemonia?
PAN: I have been creating new artwork and plan to show this work in an exhibition, some 2-d impressionist work. I am also working on some sculpting which is taking a lot of my time!


As my camera decided to run out of battery before I had chance to take any pictures, here is one of the back of my head, mid-interview. And also one of the icon herself, Pandemonia.





Image Source: ROKIT.

2 comments:

  1. I saw her during fashion week!!! So cool that you got to interview her!!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming to the 55pages party, get in touch with me to see if there is anything you can do on the next issue of 55pages. Chris

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...