Saturday 21 April 2012

Style Icon - Stevie Nicks

Pin It
With summer festival season upon us, and images from Coachella being flung at us from every direction (me included) the second in my Style Icons series features the queen of rock Stevie Nicks. She epitomised 70s and 80s style with an effortless take on bohemian folksy dressing, and is still an inspiration today. Floaty white dresses and boho headgear are some of the most-worn pieces at festivals today and Stevie was arguably the pioneer of this style. So take a gander at some of my favourite images of the woman herself in her Fleetwood Mac heyday and I also take a look at the effect this style icon had on today's fashion.



















Inspiring stuff. Now check out the modern day take on boho style.












And to really get you in the mood, here is some musical accompaniment from Miss Nicks.






Image Source: OYSTER MAGAZINE; PINTEREST.

11 comments:

  1. How hot was Stevie in her youth? Definitely a style icon for individuals who adopt this style today.

    I really enjoy the style icon series that you've put together. Can't wait to see who you do next :)

    - Maria xo
    www.vitadimoda.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boho style has been around quite some time now !
    but Stevie is one of the best who knows how to rock it .

    eccentricelegancexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this style! Your blog is great!! please check out my blog
    if your would like to follow all love will be returned!!
    season.† xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! B LOVE STEVIE NICKSSSSSSSSSS!!!
    you blog is so great, now we following u, follow us back!!

    XOXOX http://verderubies.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. now i know that maybe was a crime, but i didn´t know her, so thanks, i ejoy it so much, and now i can say she is beautiful and an icon.
    Big kisses and good life, Yulo, from Buenos Aires.

    http://budassiyulo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    congrats on making the Links a la Mode!

    Best, Jenny

    http://www.dresscodehighfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's the ultimate summer style. I'm also really happy to be living in a warm climate so I can dress like that every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your post being selected by IFB for LALM! I really enjoyed this post. Stevie's style was/is so unique & prolific.

    Cheers,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Stevie! Her songs, her voice, her style is so unique. I definitely need to add some boho items to my summer wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I really love this idea... congrats on being featured on the IFB round up!
    Tobruckave Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these photos!! they make me feel so summery :)

    Corinne xo
    http://corinnemonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...